Terms and Conditions
1. The “Where in the World” (the “Contest”), sponsored by Merit Travel and Renaissance Magazine (together the “Sponsors”) commences at 12:01 am EST on December 29th, 2016 and concludes at 11:59 pm EST on March 30th, 2017. (the “Contest Period”).
2. How To Enter:
a. No purchase necessary.
b. Visit www.merittravel.com/contests OR click on the Contest links that appears on the Merit Travel website and within various Merit Travel online promotions during the contest period. Complete and submit the electronic entry form.
All entries (“Entries” or an “Entry”) become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only one entry allowed per person for the Where in the World Contest.
3. The Contest is open to all members of RTO/ERO and who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry, except for employees of Merit Travel, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, a member of the jury, or members of those persons’ respective immediate families, or anyone with whom any of those persons are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
4. Prizes are subject to the conditions, restrictions, expiry dates, requirements and regulations noted on the prize certificates and applicable at the time of delivery and use. Prizes are not transferable and will be awarded to the confirmed winner only. Prize is not convertible to cash, and must be accepted as awarded.
5. A random draw for the prize will be made at Merit Travel Group office in Toronto, Ontario, 111 Peter St, Suite 200, M5V 2H1 on Mar. 30, 2017 at 11:00 am EST from all eligible entries received during the contest period. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Contest during the Contest Period.
6. The Sponsors will attempt to contact the selected entrant via email and/or telephone for approximately one (1) week following the draw, between 9:00 am EST and 5:00 pm EST. If the Sponsors are unable to contact the selected entrant after five (5) attempts, the submission will be rendered null and void and another selected entrant will be chosen. This procedure will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted within the given time. In order to win the Prize, the selected entrant must have complied with the official contest rules, correctly answered the arithmetical skill-testing question to be administered by email, and sign and return the Sponsors’ standard declaration and release form which will be sent by email. The prize will be forfeited if the declaration and release form is not returned to the Sponsors within five (5) days after prize notification. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, without substitutions or transfers. Any additional costs incurred in using a prize are a winner’s responsibility. Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes that may be associated with the prize.
7. In order to win any prize, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, arithmetical, skill-testing question and sign and return a standard declaration and release form within 23 days from the time the prize notification is postmarked as having been sent. The prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner if the prize notification is returned as non-deliverable or if the declaration and release form, including skill-testing question, is not returned within 23 days from the time the prize notification package is postmarked as having been sent. In the event the alternate winner does not return the required documentation within 23 days (following the procedures set forth above) the prize will be forfeited and not awarded to any further alternates.
8. By participating in the Contest, entrants accept and agree to: a) these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors regarding any aspect of the Contest, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and b) release, discharge, and hold harmless Merit Travel, Renaissance Magazine, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and employees, including their promotional agencies, from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of their participation in the Contest and the acceptance or use, misuse, or possession of any prize. By accepting a prize, winners agree to the Sponsors’ and its designees’ use of their names and/or photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation.
9. By entering the Contest, entrants consent to the Sponsors’ collection, use and disclosure of the entrant’s personal information provided on the Entry for the administration of the Contest and in aggregated form in order to create reports regarding entrant demographics, which reports the Sponsors may in their sole discretion use and disclose to others. The Sponsors will not otherwise sell or disclose entrants’ personal information.
10. The Sponsors and each of their respective affiliated and associated persons and entities, are not responsible or liable, jointly or severally, for any of the following: erroneous, damaged, destroyed, lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrectly addressed or misdirected entries, regardless of the cause; failure for any reason whatsoever of selected entrants to receive prize notification packages; or malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause.
The Sponsors and their agents are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer, related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this promotion.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the e-mail portion of this contest should a virus, bug, or other cause beyond the reasonable control of The Sponsors or their agents, corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, The Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.